For each annual meeting, SIOP provides scholarships to people who have insufficient resources to participate and to travel to the meeting. Successful candidates will receive financial support towards their travel and accommodation costs up to EUR 1000 and free registration to the annual meeting.
- be under the age of 45 years
- live in a Low or Lower-Middle Income Country according to the World Bank list (click here to view your eligibility)
- be active in paediatric oncology: full time or at least 30%
- be accredited in a hospital with a division for paediatric oncology
- submit an abstract to the SIOP Meeting you wish to attend
Information & Documents
Please prepare the following information before you begin your application:
• Proof of age (copy of passport or ID) (file size limited to 1MB, PDF or jpeg only)
• Letter of department head (file size limited to 1MB, PDF only) stating that no other financial support is provided to the applicant to attend the Annual SIOP Meeting and that the applicant is working in the field of paediatric oncology (full time or at least 30%)
Template_Letter of Department Head SIOP Scholarship_YI Award
• Abstract information
– Abstract title
– Abstract number
– Abstract topic
• SIOP Membership number (optional – but we strongly encourage you to become a member)
Submit an abstract to the SIOP 2016 Annual Meeting, 19 – 22 October in Dublin, Ireland.
Abstract submission will open early January 2016.
Online applications for 2015 have been closed. Please visit this site again early January 2016 for more information.