2014 SIOP Young Investigators
These awards are designed to give Young Investigators, working in the field of paediatric oncology, the opportunity to present their original research at the SIOP Annual Meeting. Successful candidates will receive financial support towards their travel and accommodation cost up to EUR 1000, reduced registration fee at the early, residents/ fellows’ rate, even after the deadline and will have the opportunity to participate in a dedicated Young Investigator Session.
• be under the age of 40 years
• be active in paediatric oncology; full time or at least 30%
• submit an abstract to the SIOP Annual Meeting; awards will be given to the highest ranking abstracts, selected according to the predefined general quality criteria, i.e. prospective multicentre studies, as well as presentation of large translational projects
• the work described in the abstract should be original research and should not have been presented elsewhere
Information & Documents
Please prepare the following information before you begin your application:
• Proof of age (copy of passport or ID) (file size limited to 1MB, PDF or jpeg only)
• Letter of department head (file size limited to 1MB, PDF only) stating that no other financial support is provided to the applicant to attend the Annual SIOP Meeting and that the work described in the abstract has not previously been presented
Template_Letter of Department Head SIOP Scholarship_YI Award
• Abstract information
– Abstract title
– Abstract number
– Abstract topic
• SIOP Membership number (optional – but we strongly encourage you to become a member)
The YI Award enabled me to attend the SIOP Annual Meeting and present the results of my research, listen to other very interesting presentations and meet new inspiring people!
Saskia Gooskens2014 Young Investigator Award Winner
Submit an abstract to the SIOP 2016 Annual Meeting, 19 – 22 October in Dublin, Ireland.
Abstract submission will open early January 2016.
Online applications for 2015 have been closed. Please visit this site again early January 2016 for more information.